Thursday, July 14, 2016

Controlled road rage!

Guess this incident which happened sometime last year can be termed as “controlled road rage!! It can also be described as “passive-aggressive” thing :P

One morning I was driving my car in peak hour in Balanagar area in Hyderabad in the lane adjacent to the median and about 300 meters ahead there is a signal where I had to go straight. I was looking for a gap in my left lane to get into that lane so that I won’t be blocked by the people turning right at the signal ahead.

There was a small gap next to my car and I just turned my steering by about 10° and there suddenly appeared two guys on a bike next to my front left tire! My car didn’t even touch their bike but they started to hurl abuses at me (though I couldn’t hear properly as my windows were up with the AC on, I could make out they weren’t making decent comments! ) and while getting ahead they even made an offensive sign with their middle finger! That really made me lose my patience but there was little I could do as they sped away and I couldn’t even open my car door as there was just no space :D

So I was cursing them under my breath, what else I could do?! After a couple of minutes of bumper to bumper traffic I forgot all about it and moved on.

As I reached the signal I was crawling ahead due to the peak hour traffic and suddenly to my surprise and amusement I found the bike next to my window as they stopped to take a right turn there. (There was a green signal for the traffic going straight only!)

I immediately rolled down my window and those 2 guys also saw me and removed their helmets (interestingly both of them were wearing helmets which is a very rare thing in India!) expecting to hear me shout back at them.

To their utter shock I simply said in a nonchalant tone “That language you’ve used there (pointing backwards with my hand) please practice it at home so that you will get better!” Saying that I simply drove off!

You should’ve seen their faces :P

No comments:

Post a Comment