Monday, January 13, 2014

Unusual act of generosity by a stranger!

Two weeks ago I witnessed an unusual and interesting incident during my morning...err...evening walk!

btw...one advantage of going for an evening walk is that one can yield to the temptation from the Mirchi Bajji bandis, Pani puri bandis etc:)

And so it happened one evening couple of weeks ago  ....I was on the last leg of my evening walk and needless to say succumbed to the temptation of hot mirchi bajjis. As I was savoring my bajjis a gentleman, perhaps in his late 50's, ordered half a dozen each of mirchi bajjis & vadas packed. And after they were packed he asked for 2 more each of mirchi bajjis and vadas! Even the bandiwala too was surprised at this extra order and then that gentleman took the 4 bajjis to the waiting auto fellow (I didn't notice the auto till then) and offered them to him! The auto driver too was surprised but this guy insisted on him eating and told him "Khao! Khaane ke baad nikalenge" and once he finished eating they both sped off!

I was pleasantly surprised with his simple act of generosity.

And incidentally last week I too got an opportunity to do the same! I was going to a party at 7 PM and walked up to the main road where auto guys hang around. I found one auto there and incidentally at that junction my favorite mirchi bajji bandi will be there in the evenings. And I recalled the above incident and bought 4 mirchi bajjis and took one extra plate ...euphemism for paper:) and walked up to the auto guy and told him my destination. To my surprise he asked for a reasonable amount (For the uninitiated the auto guys in Hyderabad rarely come on meter!) and I said "Theek hai...pehle ye bajji khao...baad me chalenge". He too was surprised but accepted the bajjis and after he ate them off we went!!

Did you come across any such incidents like that unknown gentleman's generosity?

No comments:

Post a Comment